a blog dedicated as a dump place for my crazy thoughts, inner feelings, babbling and nonsense. In other word, my secret garden.. :)

A place where I can live, breathe, talk and see

Q of the day : Does penis size and shape changes through evolution?

Friday, June 05, 2009 by kivaa

The question above, I posted on Ask Yahoo!. I love Ask Yahoo!. I can ask just about anything, got an amusing answers along the way and boy I do have a lot of questions.

So, I just want to share my best answer by a guy called ieguy.


>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Actually, yes, penis size has evolved over time - that's one reason why humans have the largest one in the primate world.

Your statement, though, that Darwin somehow said that humans are evolving into something more appropriate to modern technology is in error. Natural Selection doesn't work that way. If human females, however, begin to preferentially choose males with larger, smaller, purple, crooked, or whatever penises and thus provide a selective advantage to such males that they leave more descendants - then that would drive a change in genotype and thus likely in phenotype and thus you would have a change.

Of course, don't forget that the female would also be under selective pressure for changes in their genitalia as well - it would have to be able to accommodate those crooked, larger, etc., males. (Males would have to accept and be willing to mate with any such females as well) AND the young they have would have to have a selective advantage come the next generation and so on.

0 things others'd say:

'http://infintyskins.blogspot.com/'>